musiMentor Course – Pass the Baton
Instructor: Gianmaria Griglio
Now at special launch price of $ 29.99
(until November 17th, then regular price $49.99)
Pass the baton A new perspective on conducting technique
Take your conducting to the next level by learning how to break patterns in a logical and practical way: you will learn how to look at a score from a different point of view, building your technique from the music itself, and becoming much more effective in your conducting.
- Body, baton placement and baton grip; pulse.
- Basic baton strokes and strokes to be avoided.
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12 patterns
- The left hand: cues, solos, dynamics, color change; practical examples: Tchaikovsky's Symphony n.6 and Debussy's Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
- Cueing: preparation and release
- Tempo choices and tempo changing: accelerando, rallentando, and unexpected tempo changes.
- Upbeat and mixed meters; starting an orchestra on an off-beat. Practical examples: Beethoven's Symphony n.5 and Copland's Appalachian spring.
- Breaking the patterns - part 1: how to create your technique while analyzing a score based on the length and character of the notes, dynamic regions, orchestration, pitch registration
- Breaking the patterns - part 2 (two videos ): Beethoven's Symphony n.1, Mozart's Symphony n.40, Tchaikovsky's Symphony n.6, Mahler's Symphony n.6
- Rehearsal talk: how to address an orchestra
11 videos, practical exercises, actionable tips, and side-by-side scores for a detailed analysis
Special launch price of $29.99 (until November 17th, then regular price $49.99)