Course | Cello – Uri Vardi’s Cello Fundamentals
"Your body is your Strad!"
Uri Vardi's Cello Fundamentals
In this course, Prof. Uri Vardi covers his teaching philosophy and ideas about the essential elements necessary for the mastery of healthy and dependable cello playing, and the best practical ways to teach them. These principles have evolved over fifty years of teaching and performing. They focus on the sensory and kinesthetic awareness of our body, governed by the natural laws of physics.
"I continue to gain a deeper understanding of these elements, and I encourage the reader/viewer to dive into the journey of self-awareness and self-discovery while developing flexible and reliable instrumental tools for rich musical expression."
18 instructional videos and one eBook Cello Fundamentals
- Lesson 1: Developing a Solid and Flexible Foundation
- Lesson 2: Source of Power
- Lesson 3: Sensing Weight
- Lesson 4: Bow Arm Weight and Pronation
- Lesson 5: Bow Hold
- Lesson 6: Bow Path
- Lesson 7: Bow Distribution
- Lesson 8: Left Arm Weight (1)
- Lesson 9: Left Arm Weight (2)
- Lesson 10: Application of Left Arm Weight on the Fingerboard
- Lesson 11: Function of Left Arm in Relation to the Fingerboard (Planes of Movement)
- Lesson 12: Building Hand Position
- Lesson 13: Molto Legato Bow Change
- Lesson 14: Articulations
- Lesson 15: Shifts
- Lesson 16: Vibrato
- Lesson 17: Breathing and Body Rhythm
- Lesson 18: What the String is Telling the Bow
©Uri Vardi 2013 - recorded at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Mead Witter School of Music, Mills Hall by Robert Lughai/Tarazod Films.
Master Teacher Uri Vardi
You may also like…